Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] kdband@gmail.com is offline

Default Connecting Ikea Billy bookcases

Hi guys, I've just bought a number of Ikea bookcases to make into a
storage unit (something similar to this : http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S39847644).
They didn't have a combination that matched my exact requirements so I
bought separate units.

I have the corner connectors and they're fine, but there doesn't seem
to be any easy way of connecting two adjacent units together. I
assumed there must be some kind of bracket similar to the corner
connectors but for connecting two units side by side, but I can't find
anything like this on their website.

I am thinking of using the same connectors that you use for connecting
two kitchen cabinets together, but obviously the bolt heads will be
visible and it means drilling the bookcases anyway so spoiling them if
I ever wanted to re-arrange them.

I'm sure somebody out there has already built something similar, so
please let me know what you did.

Thanks