Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Extra Long Plywod

Arthur2 wrote:
snip

I ony asked because the 'stair bulding' book I have has a guy building a
string from plywood
but it doesn't say howlong it is.
For my 3.6m long requirements it sounds cheaper to buy 50mm x 300mm pirana.

Thanks anyway.

Tempting the fate that befalls everyone who corrects the
spelling/grammar of a post on Usenet, I think there is something fishy
about pirana (almost). You probably mean parana. :-)

But you did also make me wonder if glulam would be suited?

http://www.finnforest.co.uk/default.asp?path=200;256;1317;1318;1322;2431

Doesn't look like it is standard in quite the size you want, but I don't
know what flexibility you have in your design at this stage so it might
be useful. (I know nothing about it beyond what I have seen - on the box
and made into big boxes. :-) )

--
Rod

onset.