Posted to alt.home.repair
evodawg evodawg is offline

Default Direct Vent Gas Dryer

evodawg wrote:

ransley wrote:

On May 27, 9:49Â*pm, "Mike Schumann" mike-nos...@traditions-
nospam.com wrote:
I would like to install a gas dryer in my bathroom. Â*The building
inspector tells me that this is only allowed if the appliance is
direct-vented (i.e. it gets its combustion air directly from the
outside).

Does such a unit exist?

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

It sounds dumb, maybe the inspector doesnt know local code, ive seen a
few that dont, I saved 6000.00 last year on the code idiots, code cops
that did not know their codes. Review the code, then complain or call
the main office. But keep him and your name out till the last
conversation. No dryer needs a direct vent on intake. I dont think any
is made, a non direct intake is safer, as in a regular dryer. What an
ass the code cop is, ask him what brand to use!! . I bet he wont
because he cant

If this waste stack goes right to the toilet, why not replace with ABS to
the toilet? You can get a special rubber coupler that connects new ABS to
old cast iron. My thoughts on cast iron is when you can replace it then
get rid of it.

never mind, wrong reply for wrong post.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX