Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Default Petrol strimmer / brush cutter recommendations

John Rumm wrote in

PeterMcC wrote:

I've just bought a JCB-PBC25/F 2-stroke brush cutter / strimmer from
Makro at £75 + VAT

Yup, saw those there today in fact. Does the literature give any clues
as to spare parts availability?

I looked at the manual, found the URL for spare parts and was going to post
it as a helpful link.

Having visited the URL, I'll post it as an unhelpful link:
http://www.jcb-powerproducts.co.uk/

OK, it does give a phone number and address but I was hoping that it might
have a bit more about availability and prices.

What about a hedge trimmer?

Well, it has a 430mm strimmer head, I know that some strimmers are sold as
hedge trimmers and I can see that this would seem to have that potential
but...

....I haven't used it as such and there's nothing in the literature that
mentions anything other than ground level operation.

--
PeterMcC
inappropriate or offensive in any way,