Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Brandt Rick Brandt is offline

Default How do you clean your wet/dry vacuum cleaner filter?

HerHusband wrote:
Yes, you would need to remove the filter bag if you wanted to vacuum
liquids, but the same reasoning applies to the pleated paper filter
that comes with the vac.

Nope. Pleated paper works fine for wet pickup.

Personally, I have never had a need to vac liquids. Most of what I
vacuum is sawdust from woodworking, automobile carpets, drywall dust,
and COLD woodstove ashes (after shoveling the vast majority out). I
don't vacuum sharp objects very often either, but I've had nails and
other items go through and have not noticed any rips or tears in the
liner bags.

Another big bonus to the liner bags is when the tank gets full. No big
cloud of dust as you dump the tank, just unhook the bag and lift it
out. Very quick and painless...

The people making regular vacs can hardly give away models that use bags any
more. Most people want bagless. I see little chance of shop vacs moving in
the opposite direction.