Posted to alt.home.repair
Pauli G Pauli G is offline

Default How do you clean your wet/dry vacuum cleaner filter?

On May 16, 5:07*am, buffalobill wrote:
On May 16, 3:54 am, wrote:

I've been using a soft plastic brush to clear out the big stuff then
using my household vacuum to clear out the fine particles. Anyone have
a different technique?

buffalo ny: depending on the suction and size of filter an old
pillowcase held in place around the filter with a heavy rubber band
may make cleanup easier if dry vac. on one of mine there is a washable
cylinder of spongy material for wet vac.
different makes and models may have washable replacement filters
available.

I beat mine against a stone wall outside. It seems to do a good job
of dislodging everything. Mine is a Craftsman Wet/Dry Vac by the
way. The filters are made of paper-type material.