Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes Mike Barnes is offline

Default Pressure washer leakage problem

In uk.d-i-y, George wrote:

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message .

I'm not so keen to tackle this problem because it looks like I'll have
to remove the metal cover and I suspect it won't be quite so easy to
reassemble.

Anyone got any experience of this?

--
Mike Barnes

So whats the alternative or what have you got to lose?

The alternatives are (1) try to repair it, and risk not being able to
reassemble it - unless anyone here can help with information, which is
why I'm asking, and (2) carry on using it and put up with the noise and
leakage when the output is switched off.

When a pressure washer has not been used for sometime? the idea is to hold
the lance in one hand ready to operate the trigger and turn on the water
with less force then switch on the PW and operate the lance trigger in short
burst till the jet builds up pressure,then open the tap more for more force.

I've not head that before. I do make sure that water is flowing before I
turn the electricity on.

--
Mike Barnes