Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Replacement wooden slats for garden bench?

Frank Erskine wrote:

Supermarket garden benches are usually pretty flimsy, so you would
really be better off getting some oak (or similar) slats, even if they
do cost a little more than 60 quid.

That's what I thought. But the Homebase bench actually has sturdy
slats. I sat on one (I'm not light) and it didn't budge. However,
the cast metal ends look a bit flimsy.

Another advantage is that your reconditioned benches would likely be
more recognisable should they be nicked from your
garden/patio/whatever.

And of course you can make the benches to the optimum length to fit
your available space.

Two good selling points ... all I need to do is convince my partner!

But another factor has come into play - the local Homebase is out of
stock. ;-)