Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Poulan pro 44cc 20" chain saw - chain oil not feeding

on 5/6/2008 3:19 PM Mike Paulsen said the following:
willshak wrote:
I have a Poulan Pro 2900 46cc 20" chain saw. All of a sudden, the bar
oil is not oiling the bar and chain. I took the cover off the bar and
chain adjustment compartment, took the bar and chain off, cleaned the
whole compartment out, and looked all over for a clogged feed line or
something, and couldn't find where the bar oil was supposed to come
out to lubricate the chain. I think the oil may come out onto the
drive gear under the centrifugal clutch.

Check the oil holes on the bar itself. That's what I have to clean
most often on my (non-poulan) saw.

Thanks, but there are no holes on the bar, other than the holes the bar
adjusting rod goes into.

The saw is full of regular bar oil. Unfortunately, I can't find the
manual either. Any ideas, or a web location where I can find out
what's wrong?

I'd be surprised if the manual isn't available at www.poulan.com

I found my manual after I posted the message. Under Bar Maintenance, the
manual says 'Clean the oil holes after each 5 hours of operation', but
doesn't say where the oil holes are, or how to clean them if you could
find them. The manual doesn't have an illustrated parts list either.
The manual on line is the same as the one I have.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY