Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Tips on Cutting Miter Slots on Outfeed Table?

"Neillarson" wrote in message
I am making an outfeed table for my Steel City cab saw, I am thinking
that I will have a fixed piece about 10" out from the saw and a hinged
folding piece after that about 30" out. I want to cut miter gauge
slots to match the saw for about 20 inches but cannot come uo with a
way that will ensure that they match. Any ideas?

I had thought of using my 5 foort straight edge as a router guide and
start it on the saw to ensure parallelism, but how accurate should
this cut be? if there is a little slop in this groove, I would think
that it would have no effect since it is really only there for run
out.

WHat have others done?

Thanks for any feedback.

Neil

Cut slots but cut them about 50$ wider than the one on the TS. Being
oversized will guard against alignment problems and seasonal changes in the
wood. There is no normal need for the slots in the out feed to guide the
miter gauge.