Fraser

Default Advice on smoothing plaster wall

"Simon" wrote in message

line, or even double-line the walls with a heavy weight lining paper (if
double lining go horizontally then vertically)

Thanks for all the responces, more than I expected!

If I were to go with backing paper, is there any good way to avoid visable
seams? I read in another post someone suggesting leaving a small gap between
each, and filling with caulk or plaster. Or can someone with average
papering ability get a decent effect by just papering normally, and having
them meet flushly?

Also, is heavy-weight neccessary? I've read in other posts that it may
shrink more than normal paper, making the gaps noticable.

Cheers,

Fraser.