Posted to alt.home.repair
cmyers cmyers is offline

Default Breakers compatible with Federal Pacific Stab-Lok Load Center

If you don't want to swing over the old
circuits to the new 200 amp panel, have the electricians run a feed from the
new panel to the old panel thereby making it a sub panel.

John,

Excellent suggestion! Actually I have spoken with a couple
electricians, but they mostly just agreed that what I had planned
would work and was a good way to approach it. I guess that my idea
was the reverse of what you suggested...make the new panel a sub-
panel, rewire, then switch the service. Moving the service and then
making the old one a sub-panel I think is indeed a better approach.
It'll be much easier to find the appropriate 100amp breaker for the
new panel, and I'd certainly trust it much more than another old Stab-
Lok double-pole breaker in the FPE breaker box.

Thanks for the new approach.
Charlie