Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Chris is offline

Default Paslode Impulse Problems

On Apr 13, 4:36 pm, L D'Bonnie wrote:
Chris wrote:
I just bought a used Paslode Impulse framing nailer. It did work when
I received it last week. But, now when I try to use it does not
fire. The fuel cell cycles, the fan runs when I squeeze the trigger
but the nail's don't fire and I hear no pop.

The battery is fully charged, brand new fuel cell. I had just
replaced the spark plug, completely clean everything inside and it's
still not popping.

Any ideas as to what could be the problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
KT

Make sure the fuel cell is properly seated. There's a "male-female"
sort of line up that requires a bit of persistence to "consummate".
Is the battery light green?

You have to push down on the tool with some force to engage the
firing mechanism. Nails may not be fully seated in the magazine.
The firing pin may not have retracted all the way back after your
last shot. A red handled Robertson screwdriver is just the right
size to push it back in all the way.

I have been told that if you press the nozzle of the fuel cell
against something solid a small amount of fuel will be metered out
of the cell, if it has fuel in it. Of course I would never do that,
neither would I recommend anybody else do that. I can't imagine
anyone would, say go outside and try it against a tree, well away
from any ignition source.

They can be a finicky tool at times, when you have used it for a
while you will catch on to it.

LdB

Thank you for the suggestions. I checked the fire pin and it was not
pushed all the way back. I use the coat hanger wire and pushed it
all they way back. Check the red fuel nozzle and it's seated
correctly. However, the thing is still not firing.

Thanks

KT