Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Removing chuck from Black & Decker drill?

drugs began to take hold. I remember "George"
saying something like:

"Graz" wrote in message
These usually have LH threads don't they? Any suggestions for easy
removal of a chuck? It's a BD163V (550 Watt).

TIA

Put the chuck key in the chuck and give it a sharp wack with a hammer in the
anti clockwise direction

Remembering to first check there's not a crosshead left-hand threaded
screw down the bottom of the inside of the chuck.
If there is and you fail to spot it and you unscrew the chuck firmly
enough the screw will snap off.
DAMHIK, IJD, OK.
--

Dave