Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cod Roe Cod Roe is offline

Default Baxi Eco 80 Fault

My Eco 80 is once again giving me trouble (curse the previous owner who
had it fitted), it lights, waits 6 or 7 seconds then goes out again,
waits another 30 seconds or so and tries again, same thing, and so on to
infinity I assume. Following the fault finding guide in the manual I
checked the flame sensing electrodes, they seem fine, but I cleaned the
tarnish off just in case, checked the sensor current with a multimeter
and got 4-5uA and the manual says approximately 1uA should be present so
I assume this is ok. The manual then says change PCB, so at enormous
expense I have done that, no difference. I'm at a bit of loss as to
what to do next, my only thoughts are the modulating gas valve, does it
light on a low pressure, and then once its happy it has a flame close
that valve and open another to switch up to a high pressure? Any other
possibilities? I have checked the resistance of the temperature sensor
and it is approximately the 11k the manual dictates.