Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Using flexible hoses to gas water heater?

In message , T i m
writes
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:00:34 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:45:32 +0000, T i m wrote:

Hi All,

I'm replacing our own Main Avon multipoint water heater with a newer
Main Medway jobby.

So, I can either move them all in soldered copper, use compression
copper fittings or for the water at least use flexible tap connectors?
(Can they also be used for gas out of interest .. considering much
gas plumbing is in plastic these days (in the road at least!)) ;-)

They're absolutely prohibited for gas use.

Ok, thanks (I'd guessed as much) and why I phrased it like I did. But
fine for the water heater connectors though John? I was more unsure
about the flow rate but as they are already elsewhere in the system
I'm not sure it's that relevant? Are there some that offer less
resistance (for the same nominal connection size) would you know
please?

Personally, I'd just do a proper job and have done with it

Actually Ed can only be a few miles down the road from you if you want
your gas connection done and tested ...

--
geoff