Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Digging out crawl space - Power tools?

Bill wrote:

The crawl space in my 80 year old house has about a foot of space in it. I
need to dig it out so I can get in there and do some work.

Are there any power tools or equipment which I can rent which will make this
easier?

I suppose I could find a conveyor belt for dirt removal. But what about the
digging part?

Depends on how much you want to spend on rental vs. how much back
breaking work you want to do, as well as how much rock there is in the
mix. You can rent a towable vacuum excavator from places like United
Rentals that will do the job in a day if you don't have big rocks to
deal with. These units will suck up ~500 gal worth of dirt at a time
between dumps.