Andrew Gabriel

Default Advice on smoothing plaster wall

In article ,
"Fraser" writes:

I could alternatively reskim the walls, but I don't want to spend a large
amount of money on it. The room is approximately 3x4 meters, height 3
meters, does anyone know an approximate cost of getting it skimmed?

I guess 1-1.5 day's work for a plasterer. Depending where in
the country, I would expect you'll pay £100-200/day plus materials
(which cost very little).

Would the new paint need stripped off first?

No, providing it's not in danger of pulling off.

Skipping the door-wall might be an
option, as I'm fitting wardrobes that'll use the wall as their back, so the
finish isn't essential here.

At a day's work, you may find you are below the minimum a
plasterer will be interested in taking on. If you are
likely to need anywhere else doing too, lumping it in to
the one job might improve your chances of finding someone
willing to turn up.

--
Andrew Gabriel