Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Closing cavity end.

Mark wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:44:09 -0000, keith_765 wrote:

Cavity closers. All builders merchant sell them but don't know if they
sell
in packs or singles. I see from the other mail that Screw fix sell them,
with postal charges could be expensive.

Just wondering what they do, that a couple of squirts of expanding foam
in there doesn't do. I was more asking about how to finish it off
aesthetically, rather than from a thermal/damp point of view.

My original solution was based on the requirement for aesthetics, as
you'd said you were leaving the brickwork exposed - you wouldn't use a
cavity closer unless you were plastering over.

David