Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Table saw bearings

"Howard Kowall" wrote:

i want to replace my worn out arbor bearings in my older craftsman table
saw
i got the 2 bearings out but they are made by a company called Hoover
who are no longer in Bussness
the number on the bearing is Hoover 202-10
has anyone rever repalced them and found a cross for them
thanx very much

You have a 40's vintage saw.

Hoover has been gone for years.

202 is a standard bearing size; however, check with Sears.

When that saw was built, 202 was the most popular size bearing built.

Today, it is the 203.

I had to do this rebuild once and Sears had an update conversion to use the
203 bearings which today are the standard size replacing the 202 from the
late 40's.

SFWIW, there are more 203 bearings made than all the other sizes combined.

Why?

203 is the standard for all fractional HP electric motors, automotive
alternators, automotive transmissions, as well as a host of other
applications.

Have fun.

Lew