Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Adding Water to Geothermal Loop

12oon wrote:

Yes, I believe there is a leak. It seems it has to topped off every
year.

Needless to say, that ain't right although if it is still small may limp
by but I'd expect a catastrophic failure down the road at some time.

The HVAC pros have never added any additive. I live in OK by the way.

Just because "the pros" haven't added anything doesn't mean they
shouldn't have done...

I'm just trying to learn as much as possible about the unit.

What make/age? -- the Water Furnace we had in TN had a 20 or 25 year
warranty on the loop so I would have simply called the installer and
said "fix it". Is this buried horizontal loop, deep/well loop,
submerged pond/lake loop??? Who did the installation--these same folks
or somebody else?