Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default What is a mono pitched roof?

On 11 Mar, 22:39, "BRG" wrote:
Farouq wrote:
I've been trying to understand what a mono pitched roof is as I've
seen this in a number planning

A Mono-Pitched roof only has a single sloped surface.

Is this another term for a 'lean to' roof?

Yes - but a lean-to roof usually abuts a wall and is part of an outhouse or
extension. A Mono-Pitch forms the main roof to a house.

At present I have planning permission for a flat roof extension
however I am considering changing this to a pitched roof. Is there a
minimum slope (angle) for a pitched tiled roof?

Using the correct tile (I forget the name at the moment) you can go as low
as a10 degree pitch but the normal pitch is around 25 - 30 or so degrees.

Hope this helps

BRG

My plans have redland regent tiles spec'd for 12.5 degrees. They need
a greater
overlap than standard at that pitch.
Simon.