Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What is a mono pitched roof?

Farouq wrote:
I've been trying to understand what a mono pitched roof is as I've
seen this in a number planning applications?

'Mono' signifys 'one'. So I'd say it had one pitch instead of two.

Is this another term for a 'lean to' roof?

Thats my guess.

At present I have planning permission for a flat roof extension
however I am considering changing this to a pitched roof. Is there a
minimum slope (angle) for a pitched tiled roof?

Building control at your local authority would tell you. Maybe on their
website.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk