Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Skylight dome repair?

RicodJour wrote:
On Mar 10, 1:33 am, "trs80" wrote:
I have about a 8' x 4' skylight with opaque white plastic dome. It has 3
cracks radiating out to about 1'. its intact, just cracked. Probably the
wind blew a pine cone into it.

could try some of this:
http://www.redpathaghort.com/accesso...peciality.html

Since isn't visible from interior, the eventual UV coloring won't make
much difference. I'd try either a super-glue or very low viscosity
epoxy to the cracks first to try to stabilize them a little before the
film (which was what I was going to suggest, too, btw ).

Unlikely to hold for very long if it's so brittle a pine cone caused the
crack, however, I'd guess.

Finding the original manufacturer and seeing if there is replacement
would be the next step altho as spare/repair parts, it might be as
expensive as the whole thing...