Posted to alt.home.repair
billccm[_2_] billccm[_2_] is offline

Default KitchenAid dishwasher heating element

Hello All:

Well, I finished the job today, but need to let you in on my troubles.

I pulled the dishwasher, swapped the element and circuit board, and
reinstalled in less than 30 minutes.

Pushed the 'NORMAL' button, then 'START'.

Panel lights, but nothing happens. No water flow-NOTHING.

I take the panel off; check all connections. Ohm out the door switch.
Reassemble.

Pushed the 'NORMAL' button, then 'START'.

Panel lights, but nothing happens. No water flow-NOTHING.

I noticed a small piece of plastic near the door latch handle. I pull
it out. It is a piece of plastic boss screw mount from the front
panel.

Dishwasher starts and runs.

This piece was jamming up the door switch.

Now, a few questions:

1) The dishwasher runs LONGER now than before. It also fills funny in
that some water will fill, then purge, then fill, and run. I assume
this is the new program, and is normal?

2) Do I (or should I) order a new console assembly (part number
8269945)?

Thanks again for your help and support!

Take care,

Bill