Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default KitchenAid dishwasher heating element

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
et:

"billccm" wrote in message
I had an old GE Potscrubber dishwasher that cleaned everything so
well. I really wish I had repaired that unit rather than replaced it
with this $900 KitchenAid. It barely cleans anything on the top shelf,
and the repair guys just gave up after replacement of the motor/pump
and circuit boards.

Did they replace or clean the arm? Check to see it is getting proper
flow? As I stated, mine does a perfect job on both racks so you have a
problem and I'm sure it is fixable. Glassware, especially sparkles
when I take it out. IMO, it is the perfect machine. Check out that
spray arm.

Ditto on that spray arm advice.

I prodded around the holes with a dental pick. Loosened stuff. Put shop
vac on it. When done, put sink sprayer in the feed and water flowed out
freely. Didn't do that before. Too cold out to use outdoor hose.