Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default what metal/thickness to make 4 burner griddle for gas stove

If I were doing it, I'd use a bit thinner piece, hit it in a press brake
to put some 1" wide, 1/4" high lips on the side. 6061-T6 would be fine.
Keep in mind that temps in the 700F range for any extended period will
reduce the 6061 strength to 15% of original.

wrote:
You've a point Wes- no lip on the griddle would invite trouble. Thanks
for all the responses folks. Would 6061 be a good choice? Thinking 1/2
inch plate and weld flange around the perimeter to act as a lip/
stiffener/handle attachment point.

You're all invited for steak fried rice.

dale