Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Foster Jerry Foster is offline

Default what metal/thickness to make 4 burner griddle for gas stove

wrote in message
I've a gas stovetop and want to make portable a griddle- ?stainless,
steel, cast, to lay on top of the burners when I want to make giant
amounts of fried food. I thought I'd get approx 1/4 inch thick
material and weld handles on the sides. Do not want a lip. Obviously
my main concern is food safety. Also concerned about warping with heat
applied and cracking. My stove came with a nice cast aluminum griddle
but its too small- only covers 2 burners. Don't care if it's heavy.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Dale

I have a commercial stove with a 24" steel grill sheet. It is about an inch
thick and HEAVY... A friend of mine has an outdoor grill that is about a
quarter of an inch thick and it warps like crazy...

Jerry