Posted to alt.home.repair
miamicuse miamicuse is offline

Default Reinforcing concrete slab with dowels

wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:08:30 -0500, "MiamiCuse"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
What kind of surface are you installing
over this?

Ceramic tiles, a preslope for shower pan, more mortar on top of it and
more
tiles. Thanks.

Typically they will lay tile over a membrane down here. Concrete will
crack and transfer the crack through the tile otherwise.

I have not seen membrane under tiles in the places I lived and visited.
Seems they just apply thinset and tile on. Wood floors or laminated floor a
moisture barrier is common. There is a layer of moisture barrier on the
underside of the slab which I torn up when digging up the trench. I will
need to fix that back in. Thanks.