Posted to misc.consumers.house
Joe Page Joe Page is offline

Default John Deere - Seat Switch Semi-Disable Help

On Feb 4, 4:13*pm, dicko wrote:
On my JD (I have a different model, 300), all I have to do is set the
parking brake and it continues running when I get off theseatbut if
the blade is engaged, it shuts down. *If the parking brake is not
engaged, it always shuts down when I get out of theseat.

Have you tried setting the parking brake and seen what happens?

-dickm

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:40:58 -0800 (PST), Joe Page
wrote:

I've been trying to find a way to disable the killswitchon theseat
WITHOUT disabling killing it while the blade is engaged.

Simply disconnecting the coupling on myJohnDeereL110 disables the
kill when I get off theseat, but then the engine cuts off when the
blade is engaged.

I disconnected the wire from the blade engageswitchthat runs to the
seatswitch, but now the lawn mower is in super deadly mode, and does
not stop when I get off - even when the blade is running.

I've tried jumping/shoritng various connections in the wires that go
into theseatswitch, but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated, since I don't want to keep restarting
my lawn mower a few hundred times as I empty the leaves from the bin,
but I also don't want to run the thing in foot-chop mode.

Thanks,
Joe- Hide quoted text -

I guess that's why a user manual would be good to have.
Was able to easily put the machine back the way it was, and that works
just as designed.

Thanks,
Joe