Posted to alt.home.repair
Twayne Twayne is offline

Default diesel fuel in a home fuel oil furnace?

On Sat, 02 Feb 2008 12:51:11 -0600, dpb wrote:

Meat Plow wrote:

Diesel is too 'dirty' to use in a furnace.

"Dirty" in what sense? It'll be far lower in S than fuel oil,
certainly, owing to the EPA reg's on motor fuels that don't apply to
heating fuel. Depending on grade of fuel oil, could be quite a lot
cleaner-burning, actually...

I never got a chance to analyze either in a lab. Blame Trane for my
answer.

Then you need to get a mind of your own and stop parroting. Way too
much of that around here lately and much of it is misinformation.

--

Regards,

Twayne

OO0 is a GREAT MS Office replacement
www.openoffice.org

Please respond to the newsgroup, not to
my e-mail, so that all may benefit. I do not
always respond to newsgroup e-mails.