Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default diesel fuel in a home fuel oil furnace?

Meat Plow wrote:

I never got a chance to analyze either in a lab. Blame Trane for my answer.

I'm having a hard time figuring what their answer would be based on,
specifically...granted, the engine-fuel additives are way overkill for a
boiler burner, but in general the detergents and so on would help clean
burner tips as they do injectors, the EPA requirements on S, etc., are
designed for reducing emissions, etc. That they would undoubtedly be
more effective in a higher performance application I agree, but still
can't see it being of any significant difference--just extra $$ up the
flue, in general...