Posted to uk.d-i-y
4square 4square is offline

Default Domestic grease trap?

On Jan 26, 9:14*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Now you know why I tip caustic down at regular intervals.

Can't see why you'd need to. You don't have to put insoluble fat down a
drain. If you don't keep it for re-use - as our parents or grandparents
used to do - put it in a container and out with the rubbish.

There is always some tip off that is too contaminated for reuse.

Of course.

Anyway my grandmother used to keep everything and every time I ate her
'left overs' I had the squits for a week.

I doubt from any fat kept. By nature it is heated to a point where nothing
survives.

--
*I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

* * Dave Plowman * * * * * * * * London SW
* * * * * * * * * To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I once heard that at Bradford sewage works, they use to collect so
much lanolin and fat from the local wool-processing factories, that
it was mixed with something - paraffin? - and used to fire the steam
locos. which were used on the works railway. Nothing new about power
from waste!