Posted to misc.consumers.house
Erdos2[_2_] Erdos2[_2_] is offline

Default Additional dishwasher soundproofing

"MikeMike" wrote in message
I've seen posts on this group about adding a little sound proofing to
a dishwasher by installing it on top of a indoor/outdoor carpet
(rubber?) and lining the opening of the cabinet with insulation.

Could anyone suggest specific products for this easily available from
your typical building supplies etc store?

A few years ago, I made our dishwasher a lot quieter by wrapping
the hoses in some carpet pad material and duct tape. One of the
hoses must have been vibrating against the floor. It was a world
of difference.

As for insulating the feet, the first thing to do is to make sure it is
sitting on all four feet about equally weighted. If you think it needs
some padding, then just pieces cut from an old tire inner tube might
do the job, and you can still slide the unit in and out easily if needed.

Jerry