Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Belmont radiator valve O-rings.

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:02:14 +0000, ChipMonk wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 04:31:03 -0800 (PST), 4square
wrote:

On these valves, the seals can be replaced, by removing the spindle.
Just checked with Pegler, £1.34 per O-ring! I have several old valves
to maintain. Does anyone know of any similar O- ring that may work OK?
- I don't know the exact size. I would not think the material is that
critical, only water and Fernox in the system. Any advice much
appreciated, thank-you.

I share your pain! I have 17 radiators, each with two Pegler/Belmont
valves, each valve requiring 2 O-rings. The system is 35 years old but
in reasonable condition thanks to Fernox. A few years ago I needed to
replace the O-rings, found I could only get them from Pegler and the
price was crazy. I kicked up a stink and got a reasonable reduction in
the price but it was still a rip-off. The problem is complicated by the
fact that some valves have "notched" spindles others don't and they
require different O-rings (red or green). Also the bathroom radiators on
the gravity feed have larger 1/2" valves, notched and un-notched! If
anyone knows of generic O-rings to meet these 4 combinations I'd also be
most grateful.

Thanks

ChipMonk

Just buy a selection box for about a tenner. If you start to run out of
the size you need then you may be able to get a large number from BES or
such like.