Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TCT Core Drills

After 2 years of venting tumble dryers, fitting waste pipes etc I finally
decided to buy a TCT Core Drill set from Toolstation. Cheap enough @£25 ish
so worth a punt and its seems pretty well engineered. www.toolstation.com
part number 41361.

It came with; 30, 50 and 110mm core. 200mm Hex and SDS arbors. 8mm Taper
Guide Drill. 2 x Drift keys.

No instructions however! Since I've never used one before, a few questions;

Do I use the hammer action on my SDS?

I assume the best way is to drill straight through with an 8mm extra long
drill, then drill from each side?

The 8mm taper drill guide looks pretty much like an 8mm masonry drill and
appears to be a taper fit. I assume the drift keys are to remove it, but
why 2?

I have a 620w Wickes SDS with clutch, powerful enough? Failing that I have
a Wickes High Torque mains drill, around 85Nm torque - but no clutch, just a
large side handle. Don't fancy using that much :-)

I've e-mailed Toolstation asking for instructions, but obviously no reply
yet.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk