Posted to rec.woodworking

Default nail gun for fence?

"LLBrown" wrote in message
I have to redo the fence I put in 25 years ago and somehow I have gotten
older? There is no joy in the prospect of handnailing each plank. I see
nail guns in many price ranges and guages.. including staples. I have a
compressor, no problem there.

What would be the proper guage and length of nail to put up 1/2 inch
treated fencing?

The best nail would be a screw. With the pressure treated today, you need a
specific galvanized screw or stainless. Check out www.mcfeelys.com and look
under the recommendations for treated decking.

If you want to use nails, get a framing nailer and the right nails for the
job.