Posted to alt.home.repair
sid sid is offline

Default Installing foil backed insullation board.

On Dec 27, 11:59*am, "JohnnyC" wrote:
when I was doing my basement, this group was very helpful. *They pointed me
to the Building Sciences Corp site for information on basement insulation
systems.

All your questions will be answered in their literature. *I found it to be a
great resource.

http://www.buildingscience.com/docum...octypes/digest

Ok, I read it and if I understood it correctly. You should never
attempt to trap moisture, and foam board with-out foil or plastic
backing should be used in the basement. Right ?

It even stated that insulation between the studs without a paper face
should be used.

Thanks

Sid.