Posted to alt.home.repair
JB[_3_] JB[_3_] is offline

Default Dirty Sock Syndrome Trane Heat Pump

From the reading I have done (and consider I am just an amateur/sucker in
this shell game called N. GA builder ethics) I would say do not get a heat
pump. If I had this to do over I would choose a different option. I have two
heatpumps. One in the main house never has had DSS but the "heat" it
delivers is so pathetic that the houseis never warm when the temperature
gets low. The second system is in a large additon and warms/cools it fine
but I think it is becase I put interior insulation in all the walls.

As for costs, I would glady play ten percent increase if the person
1)actualy knew what he was doing 2) showed up when he said he would show up
3) finsihed the job 4) did not steal my money. I don;t want to make this
poitical but after living in N.GA for 20 years I have to agree with comedian
Tim Wilson that no real (construction) work gets done here by any white man.
"We're covered up!" If you want something done, honestly and on time, hire
a Mexican.

"cln" wrote in message
On Dec 26, 11:02 am, (The Freon Cowboy)
wrote:
you can clean it all you want , but once you get dss , you'll have it
forever
without replacing the coil ,
problem is , heatpumps , never get hot enough to kill the microbes that
exist
on the coil , as regular furnaces do,
ultimate solution , is ultraviolet , like sanuvox , or aprilaire
contact your local hvac dealer for more info and pricing

"JB" wrote:
For those who would understand the subject line should say it all. In
North- Hide quoted text -

So as a potential first time home builder, i can expect this if i buy
a new heat pump?

^JB, I feel you pain on repairs. In this town, all is overpriced. 10%
on construction from the next city!