Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Silicone sealant: price range

John Rumm wrote:
wrote:

How much should I be paying for a decent tube of silicone to seal
around basin and bath?
Screwfix have tubes ranging in price from 2 pounds to over 8 pounds.
At the top end of this price range are you paying for the "label"?
What brand do people in the trade use?

Actually not an easy call. The top end products are usually ok, but
the screwfix own brand one is also pretty good and out performs many
of the mid price ones.

I've taken to using the Screwfix No Nonsense range - clear & white silicone,
sanitary silicone, solvent free & normal grab adhesive, gutter sealant,
glass cleaner. They all seem fine to me. The grab adhesives in particular
seem very good and the glass cleaner is outstandingly good.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk