Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Want to install a door in hallway entrance

wrote:
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here is the pic of the
hallway entrance.
http://usera.imagecave.com/ronnald/hallway1.jpg

dimension: 41" wide

I would like to either install a pocket door or swing door
(obviously a swing would be easier). Couple questions, if I decide
on a swing, which way should it swing? If I decide on a pocket what
things should I take into consideration? Any other advice is
appreciated!

My advice would be to forget both - especially the pocket - and to use
cafe doors. They would afford privacy without enclosing the area.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...