Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default mounting a boiler onto a Breeze block wall

wrote:
Tony says: "If they are breeze block and not the soft Durox blocks you
should be Ok"

Just to clearify. The blocks in question are areated...I can't think
of anything weaker than this stuff.
I've bought them from a local B&Q store....
Maybe I'll have to check my terminology better next time, but I think
my concerns were justified.

How heavy were the blocks - a 1 hand lift or 2 hand lift (breeze block) ?
Another approach is to fix a wooden plate ( ply) to the wall ( same size
as boiler) using several fixing and then fix boiler to plate.
This way you can make sure you get good a few good fixs for the plate (
the boiler fixing holes are bound to line up with mortar joints)
and fixing the boiler level will be easy.