Posted to rec.woodworking
David Merrill David Merrill is offline

Default Dust Collector Hose for Delta Miter Saw?

Option 1: Resize PVC pipe to make a custom adaptor; see
http://billpentz.com/woodworking/pvc.html

Option 2: Notice how badly designed the Delta 10" miter saw dust port is;
sawdust is flung everywhere -except- in the direction of the port. You'll
probably end up with a DIY hood, given the $25 price of the 'big gulp'.
Something along these lines:
http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...Number=3259574. Maybe
mock it up in cardboard and duct tape until you've verified that it works
without interference in all angled positions of the saw.

David Merrill

"HerHusband" wrote in message

snip...

Unfortunately, I've already run into my first hurdle. I have a 10" Delta
miter saw, and I've measured the port as 1-1/2" ID. Naturally, a 1-1/4"
shop vac hose is too small, and virtually every adapter I've seen steps
from 1-1/4" to 2".

snip...