Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Hall[_2_] Jim Hall[_2_] is offline

Default Dust Collector Hose for Delta Miter Saw?

I struggled with this Delta chop saw problem too. I couldn't find an
adapter that would go from 1 1/2" to 4" or any good combination of adapters
that got me there. There may be one out there today. I ended up getting
same adapter as Clint's from Ace hardware store. The one I bought isn't
hard plastic, rather a somewhat rigid but flexible sort of rubber material
and I just cut-out the section that goes from an I.D. of 2 1/4" to 1 1/2".
Slipped 1 1/2" over the saw's port and clamped it with a 2" hose clamp.
The other end fits the 2 1/4" O.D. shop-vac type of hose on my Fein vacuum.
I really like this vacuum by the way. Bought before my dust collector. You
plug the tool's 110 v cord into the electrical outlet built into the front
of the vacuum and it goes on and off when you turn power tool on and off.
Very convenient for sanders, hand routers, chop saw, etc. A little off
topic, sorry. There is a little sawdust that doesn't get picked up by the
vacuum on the chop saw, but minor in my view. Very little on the floor.
Just a little on the back of the chop saw table mostly.. If you bought a
shop-vac before your dust collector, that's all you really need in my
opinion.. Good luck..

"Clint" wrote in message
I used one of these with my Delta saw:
http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid=23886

Seemed to work ok, although I found hooking up and turning on the shop-vac
to too much of a pain in the butt unless I was doing a lot of cutting.

Clint

"HerHusband" wrote in message
I received my JDS Dust Force dust collector yesterday, got it assembled,
and fired it up for the first time. I haven't even hooked it to a tool
yet,
but I'm already envisioning where to run duct work!

Unfortunately, I've already run into my first hurdle. I have a 10" Delta
miter saw, and I've measured the port as 1-1/2" ID. Naturally, a 1-1/4"
shop vac hose is too small, and virtually every adapter I've seen steps
from 1-1/4" to 2".

Ideally, I'd like to run a short length of 1-1/2" hose (if I could find
it)
from the saw up to the wall, then adapt to the 4" main duct.

Any ideas where I can get a 1-1/2" hose to fit the saw, and an
appropriate
adapter to connect to the 4"?

Also, does anyone make rigid "antistatic" pvc pipes for duct work. I'd
prefer smooth pipe over the flexible corrugated stuff, but no one seems
make it. I'd use regular PVC water pipe, but I've heard static buildup is
potential danger.

Thanks,

Anthony