Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can you paint an aluminum sliding glass door?

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have five sets of aluminum sliding glass doors, each 6' wide that opens
into an interior courtyard. They are all bronze in color.

I am wondering if it's possible to paint them white?

If not, is it economical to order all new metal parts in white (basically
replace everything except the glass) or it's not worth it as the labor
cost to take apart reassemble is prohibitive and may be more than just
replacing the entire door?

You can paint them, but the finis is not as good as the factory baked on, of
course. As for replacing the metal parts, it would probably be cheaper and
easier to just replace the doors.