Posted to alt.home.repair
Waldo Point Waldo Point is offline

Default concrete patch vs. rain

"Chris" wrote in message
hello.

yesterday, around 2pm, I patched two huge cracks in my driveway that
ran the legnth of the individual pads. It couldn't wait any longer,
imo, because they were starting to shift and become like little
"steps".. I used quikrete vinyl patch. I was done around 3:30.. and it
started to get cloudy. I didn't think nothing of it.. I just left the
patches as they were, and didn't cover them. around 3:30am today, it
was raining outside.. I looked at the patches around 6am and they
seemed to be still intact.. I touched one area and it was solid, and
another one was a little soft..
Do I have any worries about the patches getting ruined by rain? I
actually found out it is going to be raining off and on for the next
few days... I was actually thinking that the rain will be good for
them to keep them from hardening to quickly.. (also, being that it was
between 55-66 degrees outside, I made the mix a little thicker so that
it dry a little faster in the cooler weather..

Thanks.
Chris

Back in my wooden tugboat days. I used vinyl concrete patcher on the
underwater part of the hull to patch worm holes I saw the boat out of the
water about 9 years after I sold it and the patches were still holding
strong. I might add that I did this once when the boat was beached on a low
tide and the patch only had a couple of hours to dry, again no problems.

Waldo Point,

www.tugboatsf.us