Grunff

Default Electric fence power indicator? Neon?

Steve Firth wrote:

SF| 12V car batteries do not "kick out 4-12kV" they supply
SF| approximately 12V (usually about 12.3-12.8V). An electric
SF| fence run from a 12V battery will supply several kV from the
SF| coil.

Which is what I said.

Well, no it isn't, your comment is reproduced above if you're unsure of
that.

Hate to butt in on this little tet-a-tet, but while Simon did
write "12v car/leisure batteries kick out about 4-12kv (yep,
kilo volts) at absurdly low ampage", I (and undoubtedly many
others) understood that he meant the fence units powered by 12v
batteries.

As for use of the word ampage - while it's more correct to say
current, saying ampage or amperage is pretty commonplace, and
understood by most.

So it was all a simple misunderstanding. Group hug?

--
Grunff