Bob Eager

Default Bedroom or boxroom?

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 20:05:50 UTC, Grunff wrote:

I don't know if there are any rules, but I'd guess that any room
which can fit a single bed (maybe even a narrow one, 2'6") with
enough room to walk down one side could be counted a bedroom.

That makes a min size of ~6'6" x 3'6", or about 2mx1m.

But that would be taking the **** a bit.

Anyone see that story last week about some builder (Red...something?)
that had built a row of about 9 'town houses'. The stairs had a sharp
bend and it was impossible to get most furniture above the ground floor
(which was kitchen and dining room).

The builders said people could always use the upstairs living room as a
dining room and vice versa. But no TV or telephone points downstairs
anyway...

On being pressed, they said the homes were intended for 'modern young
people who liked minimalism and modular furniture'. Or, in other words,
flatpacks...

Old houses do have their advantages (but I draw the line at an earth
floor, Mary!).

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...