Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] fibbling@googlemail.com is offline

Default Adhesive that can securely glue metal, is reversible, and has a fine applicator?

Hi there,

I know abolute zero about DIY, but want to learn! :-)

I am trying to find a multipurpose glue, and I am overwhelmed by the
vastness of choice out there, both in terms of types of glue and their
prices. So I am totally lost!

I basically want some kind of small product super-glue, that can
securely glue metal to fabric, plastic to bathroom porcelain, metal to
wood - you name it - I just want it for small repairs on basic home
materials, even my hair clips! On top of that, I need to find
something with a very fine applicator.

I visited my local hardware shop, which is very small, and the guy
sold me a cheap Loctite product. It was OK for paper and cloth, but I
could not apply it to anything less than an inch, as the width of glue
coming out of the tube was too much, a bit messy.

Sorry if I sound clueless, but this is how I learn I suppose!

Thanks,

Jo