Posted to uk.d-i-y
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Cost of small breeeze block wall?

Lobster wrote:

robgraham wrote:
On 9 Oct, 22:14, (A.Lee) wrote:
I've been asked to quote for a fencing job, but against my views the
customer has opted for a breeze block 'extension' to his present breeze
block wall.

What is this wall going to stand on? There's been no mention of any sort
of footings for it, and it sounds pretty substantial...

It is an existing breeze block/concrete block wall. I cant really see a
problem by raising it 2 blocks higher.
I was under the impression that it was made of breeze block, but the
Builder Merchants put me right when they told me it must be concrete
blocks (which look just like breeze blocks), as they are weather
resistant, wheras breeze blocks are not, and should not have any exposed
surface.
Ta
Alan.